Some followers suggested this to me.
The island known as the “island of madness”, “hell” and “the most haunted place on Earth” is being sold!
Here’s a quick, history behind it:
The plagued people were shipped off to Poveglia Island, a small, secluded land mass that floats between Venice and Lido. There, people lived out the last of their wretched lives together until they died.
Since the island already reeked of death, the next time an epidemic came along, barely alive bodies were dumped there and burned in mass graves.
In the 20s, a mental hospital was built to welcome the island’s newest “guests,” or anybody that showed symptoms of any sort of sickness, physical or mental.
Basically, if you had an itch, away you went to Poveglia where you’d sink your feet into the soil (half dirt, half human ash) and be in the company of over 100K diseased ghosts.
It didn’t help when the place was converted into a hospital for the mentally ill in 1922. Rumor has it, the hospital was home to a number of crude lobotomies, performed by a doctor who’d been driven mad by the ghosts. He later flung himself off the bell tower.
The Italian government is now offering a 99-year lease to whomever’s brave enough to take it over. The italian government thinks it would make a great hotel destination!
"Build a hotel" they said. "It will be fun" they said.
The start of a real life shining everyone
FINALLY THE PERFECT PLACE FOR MY GOTHIC HOTEL!!!!!
- he loves that we scream when the molly kiss came on screen
- we all applauded him when he asked for a bottle of water and proceeded imitated us in a high pitched voice “oh my god he’s a normal person”
- we were allowed to yell out characters he should play next, and loved the idea of being the next Cinderella or fairy godmother
- he told a guy that he is such a unique individual little snowflake
- he did the Alann Rickmen impression and told us Tom Hiddleson could go fuck himself for copying him
- he likes that we (meaning everyone in the Benedict fan-base) can understand when he is making a joke and when he’s serious, unlike the media.
- he admitted that he didn’t appreciate being told that people thought he was shorter in person
- he then admitted that by saying that and making those people feel bad that he knows he is an arsehole.
- he says fuck a lot and it is incredibly sexy and he knows it because we all went wild every time he swore.
- he knows that we love the socks
Pictures are mine, from OzComicCon sydney 12.4.14 - credit me if you want to use them
anatomy practice turns into sherlolly
look at my bbys
Tom Hiddleston films scenes for the new horror movie ‘Crimson Peak’ in Toronto on April 17, 2014 [HQ]
making plans with friends like
I HAVE AN IDEA. AND IT’S NOW 1AM. AND I HAVE WORK AT 10AM TOMORROW. BUT I AM ALSO NOT ENTIRELY SURE WHETHER I WILL EVEN SEE THROUGH THIS IDEA TO THE END, JUST LIKE ALL MY OTHER FAILED ATTEMPTS AT WRITING SO FAR. So I’m just going to sleep now because I honestly don’t know if I can finish this idea - it’s been so hard to write in recent months, that I don’t know whether I’m lacking inspiration or motivation, or is there something the matter with me for now.
I have never seen something that I have felt more compelled to reblog in my life
Complimenting an artistic friend’s work
Anonymous asked ask-sherlockbbc: Everyone taking a picture with sherlock with a blanket around him for shock :)theres 2x too many people in the flat
I can’t believe I’m about to watch a documentary about sex in Ancient Egypt - I don’t even know how I got here. Well, if there’s one thing I’ve learnt so far in my life, it’s that there is definitely more to things than meets the eye.
my friend Pete literally makes me cry with his snap stories
this is me, i am pete, love me